Monday, September 9, 2013

Another Page

I will not be posting all the pages I made here probably, but I thought I'd show just one more to remind about the discovered show.

Because they needed to be made from used books and needed to be sold as final art, these pages employed a process I've not used before. A time consuming one. These pages were made by first thumb-nailing and then making final pencil drawings 12x18 like I normally would. The pencils were a little tighter than I normally work. Still no tonal information in them, but tight, finalish lineart. Then I took the final drawing and traced a template onto some trace paper. Which I would then apply partially to the piles of paper I had glued together; mostly just tracing the shapes. After that I put down a little gesso where it needed to be then retraced the lineart on top of that. Then lots of ink. Finally I cut out the spaces in the top layer, and glued the two pieces together. Digitally it is hard to see the dimension of the page, but they were planned to reproduce flat as well, so here you go.


No comments:

Post a Comment