Monday, June 24, 2013

Literature

A friend, http://laurenkolm.blogspot.com/, and I are working on a project where we tackle subject matter that opposes our gendered influences/voices. This past week we worked about literature. Because of Jane Austen's position in literary criticism presently, I decided to make an image about Pride and Prejudice. Pride and Prejudice is my least favorite of Austen's books, although I haven't read them all. I am fascinated by Mr. Darcy in particular because of the archetype he represents.


I brought Darcy into my own visual tradition by making a movie poster for a sequel to Pride and Prejudice that should happen.


I wanted this image have some grit to it so I watercolored and inked right over my pencils. Then I added digital color and some letters I made. Rejoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment