Monday, July 15, 2013

Sketchbook Creatures


In my sketchbook I was stuck for a while. I always used it as a place to experiment with media while I was working on projects. It was supplement. This summer, my doodling had become constant; I was drawing with the same three pens and I didn't feel like I was making any progress.



I bought a new sketchbook and started drawing creatures. At first it was about designing the creatures but after drawing at least one a day for a while, became about trying something new, even something simple. From "I've never really used that color before," to "I've always loved x but am bad at drawing x," to "There is a pig living with me and that pig looks ridiculous." These are experiments I could stand long enough to not erase them-- each of them represents me learning something, mundane or otherwise.






No comments:

Post a Comment